6 Quick Ways to Fix Your Content Marketing Strategy
If you’re having trouble getting momentum with your content marketing strategy, try implementing one of these easy fixes.
No two companies are alike and therefore, no two content marketing strategies are alike. But there are a number of common problems we see in the world of content writing, and they’re holding you back from the results you deserve.
Oftentimes, a lagging content marketing strategy is the result of many factors, not just one easily identifiable problem. But if you can apply these six fixes to your campaign (where applicable), you should be able to spark new momentum in an otherwise dying progression:
- Get new ideas from your competitors. It’s okay. Go look to see what your competitors are doing. Get inspired. Find a way to say something similar, but in a completely new light or in a unique way. Or, if they’re struggling too, do the opposite of what they’re doing.
- Ask your readers what they want. If it seems simple, it’s because it is. Take a customer poll to see what types of topics and what types of content your users want to see. Then implement it!
- Reexamine your target audience. Who is your target demographic? Are you doing everything you can to make sure your messaging is relevant for them? Is it too industry-specific? Too vague? Too wordy? Too plain? Compare your voice to what your target market wants, and make some adjustments.
- Vary your content. You can’t get away with purely text blog posts anymore. Include images with your content, as well as infographics and videos to get the best results.
- Don’t just publish your content and sit back. Ask your readers questions. Start a discussion about whatever content you’ve posted. Get people involved.
- Brainstorm as a team. If you’re struggling to come up with new content ideas, try talking to the rest of your team. The more people you have thinking about what to write, the more likely you are to come up with something great.
Quez Media Marketing is an expert in content marketing. If you’re in need of assistance or are interested in a free analysis of your current campaign, don’t hesitate to contact us!