The 8-Step Plan to Start a Content Marketing Strategy
Here’s everything you need to know to start content marketing.
You’ve heard about content marketing, and you know the potential ROI it can bring, but it may seem too complicated to approach if you’re new to the strategy. That’s why we came up with this 8-point plan for starting a content marketing strategy (from scratch) that anybody can follow.
- Do your research. Before you do anything, understand the competitive world you’re entering. Learn the fundamentals of blogging, and understand both your target audience and your competitors.
- Select a niche. Don’t pick a broad topic to cover. Get specific, with a carefully targeted niche that no one else is covering. You can always expand later.
- Create a blog. Use a free website builder (or an inexpensive one), and design your blog, selecting a strong domain name.
- Create an editorial calendar. Start coming up with titles for your first several blog posts, and aim to publish at least twice a week. Aim for topics that haven’t yet been covered, and that will appeal to your target audience.
- Write your first post. When you’re ready, write your first post. Make sure it includes an image and is at least 400 words of highly detailed content.
- Distribute via social media. Next, share your blog post across all your social media channels to earn the extra exposure.
- Collect feedback. Read what people say about your work, and use that feedback to prepare your next post.
- Expand your audience. Finally, use marketing and advertising strategies to start building your audience, including selective following building on social media.
Obviously, these points touch on massive subjects with only a brief introduction to each one. If you’re interested in learning more, or if you want professional help in creating and launching your campaign, be sure to contact Quez Media today!