The 7 Qualities of Content That Converts
Does your content feature all seven of these important conversion qualities?
One of the greatest advantages of a content marketing strategy is its ability to directly convert your readers into paying customers. By the time they start reading your material, your readers are already on your site, so all it takes is one decision and one click to get them to buy a product or fill out a short form for further information.
But not all content ends up converting readers—so what’s the differentiating factor? As it turns out, there are seven distinguishing features of content capable of converting users:
- Nobody will be interested in your content if they’ve already seen it dozens of times on other sites. What makes your content—and your brand—unique? It could be a unique voice, a unique angle, or just a unique topic.
- People need to know that they can trust you. Do you speak clearly and plainly? Do you back up your sources when offering specific data?
- The more detailed you are in your content, the better. Anyone can write content they spill from the top of their head, but it takes a much more thoughtful approach to create something more penetrable and rich.
- You need to write with an authoritative tone, offering yourself as an expert in the industry. Otherwise, people may read your content without ever seeing you as a leader.
- Try to make your audience emotionally connect with your content. You could call in real-life examples, tell stories, weave elaborate metaphors, or spice up your material with some humor. The key is to get people more invested.
- What you’re saying has to be valuable, in some way. It could be practical information or a new insight—just make sure people walk away with something they didn’t have before.
- Last, but perhaps most importantly, remember that users will only convert if you ask them to. Include at least one call-to-action in every piece of content you publish.
Make sure your content displays these seven important qualities; otherwise, you’ll miss out on the most important part of any online marketing campaign. If you need help getting started, contact us—we’ll point you in the right direction.