How to Make Your Content Marketing More Authentic
Authenticity is becoming more important for modern businesses.
For a while, content marketing was the perfect solution for an audience who was sick of the aggressive persuasive techniques of straightforward advertisements. Now, the abundance of companies pursuing content marketing, combined with the public awareness of content marketing as a pseudo-advertising strategy, has led to a level of public disinterest and distrust in syndicated content.
So what’s the solution? Make your content more authentic.
These are the tips that can help you do it:
- Curate individual voices. It’s tempting to write with your brand as the main author, but it’s better to have individual, human voices. Get your staff members to contribute content regularly, and invite guest authors to contribute as well.
- State your opinions. Don’t be afraid to state your opinion, even if you feel it may be controversial. Sticking to non-controversial statements will make you seem boring and uninteresting, while debatable commentary will encourage more conversation.
- Do something different. Take a look at what your competitors are doing. Feel free to emulate some of the strategies that work for them, but ultimately, try to do something different. A new angle, a different opinion, or a different type of content can make a big difference.
- Get local. Get involved with your local community. The more active your brand is in your city or neighborhood, the more you’ll learn about your target demographics, and the more connected your brand will seem.
- Talk to your readers. Don’t just write at your readers; go out of your way to engage with them. Ask them what they think of your work, and what they’d like to see in the future. This feedback is invaluable, and your brand will seem much more personal and caring.
If you’re in need of a serious content overhaul, Quez Media has what you’re looking for. Contact us today for a free consultation!