Why Aren’t You Getting More Conversions? 5 Possible Reasons
If you aren’t getting conversions, it could be due to one of these reasons.
Conversions are one of the most important factors for the success of your online business, regardless of whether a “conversion” is buying a product or filling out a contact form. If you don’t have a solid strategy in place to secure those conversions, you won’t be able to consistently generate revenue.
The problem is, most business owners aren’t sure what kind of conversion rate they should be getting, or aren’t able to diagnose a problem if their conversion rates are underperforming. Fortunately, a problem with conversions can usually be traced to one of a handful of core root causes:
- No compelling motivation to convert. First, try to evaluate the quality of your offer. Are you selling the product for a fair price, or a price in line with your competition? If you’re asking visitors to hand over their personal information, are you giving them something valuable in return, like premium content?
- A buried call-to-action (CTA). If visitors can’t see your CTA easily or immediately, they aren’t going to click it. This needs to be prominent if you want to succeed.
- Time consuming conversion processes. How long does it take to complete the conversion process? How many steps stand between a visitor and the finished process? The longer this takes, the more likely you are to have visitors lose interest.
- A lack of relevant traffic. You might have a problem with the demographics you’re attracting to your site in the first place. If they aren’t interested in what you’re selling, they won’t covert no matter how good your onsite optimization is.
- No ongoing tweaks or improvements. You need to experiment constantly to perfect your conversion rate, using AB tests and modifications to gradually improve.
If you’re interested in securing more conversions for your online business, or if you aren’t sure where to start with your online revenue generation strategy, contact Quez Media today. We’ll provide you with a free consultation of your current online marketing strategy, and help you evaluate your needs.