The 5 Core Benefits of Link Building (and How to Start)
Start link building to begin seeing these massive benefits for your business.
Link building is an integral component of any search engine optimization (SEO) strategy, but it’s far more than that. The process of establishing inbound links on external publishers, especially high-profile ones, can help your business in multiple different ways:
- Domain authority and search engine rankings. The main point of link building, for most practitioners, is to earn the passive “authority,” or trustworthiness, generated by having lots of links pointed to your content. This will increase your “domain authority” score, which in turn will make it much easier for you to rank highly in online searches relevant to your business.
- Referral traffic. These links are functional, meaning if someone’s interest is piqued, they’ll probably click on them. With high-profile publishers and good link placement, you can potentially generate hundreds, if not thousands of regular visitors through this conduit alone.
- Brand visibility. Merely mentioning your brand (and getting new offsite content published under your name) can be good for your brand reputation. These effects are perhaps best seen in the context of other marketing and advertising strategies.
- Content support. If your main goal is to boost the visibility and popularity of your onsite content, this is the perfect strategy; it supports and complements your onsite content, allowing it to grow.
- Networking and bigger opportunities. Working with bigger publishers could also bear new opportunities in its own right; you’ll connect with more prominent industry authorities, find speaking opportunities, and could even find new clients to work with.
So how do you get started? The only way to build high-quality links is by having high-quality content on your site, so the best way to start is with a detailed archive of your own blog posts. Once you have that content in place, you can start talking to different publishers in your niche, then work your way up the ladder to bigger and more authoritative publishers.
Are you interested in developing a content, SEO, or link building strategy of your own? Contact us for more information today!