Should You Hire a Marketing Agency?
Marketing agencies aren’t right for everyone, but they do have significant advantages over an independent in-house team.
Marketing is a must for any business. There’s simply no other way to get the word out about your business and maximize the potential income from new customers. That being said, how you choose to go about marketing makes a big difference. Your main options are to:
- Do it yourself.
- Hire an in-house team.
- Work with freelancers.
- Hire an agency.
- Some combination of the above.
Of all these options, hiring a marketing agency is often seen as the most intimidating. But why is that? And what advantages do marketing agencies hold?
Pros and Cons of Agencies
There are benefits and drawbacks to any marketing provider, but for agencies specifically:
- There’s a misconception that agencies are expensive. While some retainer fees may seem high on paper, they aren’t much more than you’d pay in a salary—and agencies take it upon themselves to guarantee a return on that investment.
- If you aren’t seeing results, it’s the agency’s job to fix something. There’s a level of accountability that just isn’t there with a freelancer or even an in-house marketer.
- When you hire an agency, you’ll be hiring a full team of dedicated experts with decades of combined experience—that’s a lot more than you’d get from one new hire.
- Most marketing agencies have multiple departments, giving you more flexibility with your marketing goals and plans. Plus, you have the option of using an agency independently or
Is an Agency Right for You?
Agencies aren’t right for everyone. If your budget is very small, or if you prefer more direct control over your strategies, you may opt to do most of your marketing yourself or with freelancers. Otherwise, a marketing agency can offer you the best of all worlds—you just have to find the right partner to work with.