Why Your Email Marketing Campaign Isn’t Getting Enough Traction
Email marketing has a high ROI overall, but that isn’t a guarantee of success.
Email marketing is known for its high return on investment (ROI), largely due to its low initial costs. In some cases, it’s possible to see a 400 percent ROI or more, which is phenomenal even for an online marketing strategy. But most people never get to see this level of results; their progress is stagnated, and they can’t seem to figure out why.
So why do email marketing campaigns fail?
These are some of the most common reasons:
- Low-quality subscribers. If you bought your email list outright, you’ll probably suffer from a lack of high-quality subscribers. You’ll need to make sure the people on your list are actually interested in your brand if you want decent results.
- Infrequent or inconsistent messages. If you keep forgetting to send out your newsletter, or if you send messages on an infrequent basis, your subscribers will likely lose interest. It’s much better to send email blasts consistently, at regular intervals.
- Low value for subscribers. Subscribers will only care about your messages if they have something of value. Sometimes, that means offering discounts, freebies, and special offers. Other times, it means providing high-quality content. What’s important isn’t what you offer, so long as it’s perceived as worth opening an email for.
- Poor design. Poorly designed emails that don’t reflect the nature of your brand can ruin an otherwise effective campaign. Investing in higher-quality email designs might cost you a bit more, but it should only increase your bottom-line ROI.
- No calls-to-action. The true value of your email campaign comes from incentivizing people to take action. If you don’t have any calls-to-action (CTAs) in your emails that encourage readers to visit your website or buy products, you won’t see any meaningful return.
- No analyses or improvements. No email campaign starts out perfect. You need to measure opens, responses, and other factors to tweak your emails to perfection over time.
If you need help revitalizing your email marketing campaign, or if you need to start a marketing campaign from scratch, contact Quez Media today for a free consultation!