5 Reasons to Vet Your SEO Provider
Examine your SEO provider carefully before moving forward with a campaign.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is a highly popular online marketing strategy, but it’s too complex and time-intensive for most business owners to execute on their own. Instead, they turn to SEO agencies and contractors for help.
While most SEO providers will provide you with high-quality services at a fair price, it’s still important to vet your candidates carefully, for several reasons:
- Price. Not all SEO providers will offer reasonable prices for services. While a good SEO campaign can (and should) cost thousands of dollars per month, you’ll need to pay close attention to the services you get in exchange for that money. Try to optimize for total value.
- Work quality. Often, you get what you pay for. If you work with an inexpensive SEO agency to save money, you may end up with low-quality content or spammy links, which can hurt your chances of success, or even land you with a Google penalty.
- Knowledge and techniques. SEO is a strategy that changes almost constantly. The techniques that worked back in 2010 aren’t going to get you very far today. Generally speaking, agencies that invest heavily in ongoing education and training will charge more, and will offer a wider range of services to their clients.
- Communication. One of the most important ingredients to a successful SEO campaign is ongoing communication between an agency and a client. If you find it difficult to communicate, or if the agency isn’t transparent about the services and processes they use, it doesn’t bode well for your future chances.
- Security. Your SEO provider will be responsible for managing your websites, your content, and a host of materials directly linked to your reputation. If you aren’t careful, this could result in a security vulnerability. Make sure your provider is following all best practices for SEO and website security.
If you’re looking for an SEO provider, contact Quez Media today for a free quote—or to learn more about our process.