5 Steps to Better Conversion Rates in Higher Education Marketing
Conversion rates are of critical importance for any higher education marketing campaign, and these steps can help you improve it.
It’s always a good idea to harness the power of multiple channels in your higher education marketing plan, but most channels only lead new potential students to your site or landing page—the burden is on you to collect their information or prompt them to take action.
If you’re having trouble seeing the results you want from your marketing campaign despite high levels of traffic, the problem likely resides with how you’re handling conversions. Follow these five quick steps to improve your conversion rates and capture more leads:
1. Make sure your design is up-to-date. Is your landing page design consistent with the rest of your site? Does your design need a modern overhaul to capture the attention of the latest generation?
2. Ensure mobile optimization. Mobile traffic is growing exponentially. Make sure your conversion form is optimized for mobile so that users browsing on mobile devices can access it without a problem.
3. Minimize your required fields. How much information do you really need? Don’t make your potential leads jump through hoops in order to sign up or request information. Narrow your required fields to only what is actually required.
4. Check your language. How does your conversion form read? Is it engaging? Enticing? Exciting? If not, have a copywriter look at the language and tweak it to appeal to incoming users.
5. Align your marketing channels. Perhaps your leads aren’t as high quality as you were expecting. Double check your sources of traffic to ensure that the right kinds of leads are making it to your conversion form.
After following these steps, you’ll be in a much better position to reap the benefits of your multi-channeled marketing campaign. And if you have any questions or need help setting up, don’t hesitate to contact us.