How to Use Brand Differentiation in a Marketing Campaign
Brand differentiation is one of your most powerful tools.
Marketing campaigns aren’t guaranteed to be successful. No matter how much money you throw at your marketing channels, you aren’t going to get a high return on investment (ROI) unless you have a solid strategy.
One of the greatest tools in your arsenal is brand differentiation—the ability to distinguish your brand from the brands of your competitors. This is a practical necessity for three reasons:
- Visibility. Differentiating your brand is a way to evade the typical pitfalls of competition. Rather than competing in a broad space, with a dozen or more similar brands, you can narrow the range of your competition, to maybe one or two other companies. At that point, you’ll have more space for visibility, and you’ll reach more people.
- Memorability. After seeing advertisements for dozens of different brands, all of which look similar, they kind of blend together as a kind of white noise. Differentiating your brand can make it more memorable, and therefore more likely to “stick” with consumers.
- The competitive edge. Depending on how you use it, brand differentiation can also give you a competitive edge—a good reason for your customers to choose you instead of someone else.
The question is, what’s the best way to differentiate your brand? There are countless options here, but these are some of the most common:
- Demographic targeting. You could simply distinguish yourself by targeting a niche audience that your competitors haven’t considered or haven’t worked with in the past.
- Channel optimization. You could also invest in channels where your competitors are currently absent.
- Visuals. Sometimes, a change to your branding colors, logo, and font can help you stand out.
- Voice. Other times, an edgier or more professional voice can distinguish you from your competitors.
- Offers. If all else fails, you can make more lucrative offers, with lower prices or more appealing bundles.
If you need help distinguishing your brand from the competition, or if you’re just interested in launching a new marketing campaign, contact Quez Media for a free quote today!