The 5 Most Common Mistakes in Inbound Marketing
Inbound marketing is powerful, but it’s no guarantee of success.
Most businesses have at least some semblance of an inbound marketing strategy these days. While outbound marketing focuses on going out of your way to be visible and make sales to new people, inbound marketing lets people find you naturally. With content, social media management, and other value-centric tactics, you’ll attract more people to your site, build trust, and ultimately secure more conversions.
However, there are many things that can compromise the effectiveness of your campaign. These are some of the most common:
- Not having a high-level objective. Your strategy needs to have an end goal, or some priority to which all other priorities are secondary. Is your primary objective securing more sales? Building brand awareness? Increasing consumer trust? Ideally, you’ll have one need above the others, so you can build your strategy around them.
- Doing too much. There are many tactics you can use as part of your inbound marketing strategy, but if you try to use too many at once, it’s only going to get confusing. This is often symptomatic of companies who aren’t sure what they want to do, and it can end up sabotaging your results.
- Doing too little. By contrast, it’s also possible to employ too few different tactics. Inbound marketing is at its most powerful when you have multiple channels and tactics working together; there’s a natural synergy that comes into play. If you’re only focusing on one tactic, you’ll never see your true potential.
- Focusing on quantity over quality. Content marketing often lures people into investing solely in quantity. However, quality is far more important; rather than creating blog post after blog post, channel your energy into creating one, highly valuable piece.
- Working with bad partners. It’s nearly impossible to manage a good inbound strategy by yourself, so you’ll need to rely on external partners. Your choice in partners, whether you opt for freelancers, employees, or external agencies, will make or break your campaign. Choose wisely.
If you’re interested in doing more with your inbound marketing strategy, contact Quez Media for a free consultation today!