The 7 Most Important Qualities for Your Marketing Agency to Have
Choosing a marketing agency is one of the most important decisions you’ll make.
If you’re like most business owners, you know you need to have a marketing and advertising strategy in place, but you’re not sure how to do the work yourself—and you don’t want to hire a full in-house team to plan and execute that strategy. You could piece together a team of independent contractors to knock out the work for you, but in most cases, the better option is to work with a marketing agency.
This presents its own set of problems, however. Marketing agencies aren’t all created equal; some will be far too expensive, some will be difficult to work with, and some will be unscrupulous or untrustworthy.
So how can you be sure you’re getting a good deal? And what should you be looking for, exactly?
These are some of the most important qualities for any marketing firm to have:
- Defined expertise. Is this a general marketing agency, or do these people specialize in a specific area, like a specific industry or digital marketing strategy? Defined expertise is a good sign, though general firms can also be beneficial.
- A robust team. How many people work for this agency? What kind of access to resources to they have? Can they scale with your organization?
- Years of experience. How long has this company been in operation? New agencies aren’t necessarily bad, but older agencies tend to perform better.
- Strong leadership. Who is in charge of this organization, and how do they lead?
- An impressive portfolio. What kind of work has this agency done in the past? Do you like what they’ve produced?
- Case studies and proven results. Can this agency prove that they’ve been able to help clients like you in the past?
- Good reviews and testimonials. What do previous clients have to say?
If you’re looking to start a new marketing campaign or revitalize your older efforts, consider reaching out to Quez Media for a free quote today!